We will be learning…
- We have many different voices: Talking, Whispering, Shouting and Singing. We will use all of these in music class but learning to use our SINGING voice correctly is the most important!
- Music often has a STEADY BEAT, like the ticking of a clock or the beat of our heart. This helps us to play, sing or dance together.
- Music notes can be long or short or even not there. When put all together they make RHYTHM. We count these with ”ta”, “ti-ti” and “rest”. Their names are “Quarter Note, Eighth Note and Quarter Rest”
- A MELODY is made of notes that are higher, lower or even staying the same. We call high notes – “Sol”, super high notes - ”La”, low notes – “Mi” and super low notes - ”Do”
- TEMPO is how fast or slow the music goes. We used Italian words to describe the tempo: Adagio (slow), Andante (walking speed), Allegro (fast) and Presto (super fast)